Saturday, September 24, 2011

Barbie: The Fashion Maven

I recently taught myself to crochet (with the help of: Crochet Geek) The best thing about her videos is that she take the time to clearly give directions and she even goes over the steps in slow motion so you are really able to see what she is doing. I started to make a laptop sleeve for my laptop, it is still in the works. The way I made it was by making crochet blocks the size of both sides and the back. I am currently working on the bottom panel. My vision is that it will look like an envelope and it will close with a big chunky button.

I recently came across a free crochet pattern for an iphone cover and for a laptop sleeve that I really want to try so I am setting aside the 1st project and am going to attempt this pattern. The reason why I want to try this pattern so much is because the technique is so different then what I have been doing. The way it says to do it is to crochet in circles which is a lot different then the basic way I learned.

I tried a mini swatch of this pattern just to get the feel for it and it turned out neat. In fact it became a miniskirt for my daughters barbie:) Despite getting comments from my facebook followers that accuse me of making Barbie look like a "whore from the 70's", excuse my language, I am gonna share this pic with you and then get to crocheting a cover for my phone:)

:) I will add pictures of my progress before I hit the sack tonight:) Tata.

No comments:

Post a Comment